Arc Flash & Electrical Safety News
Blog Author Steve Hudgik
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
The High Cost Of Electrical Injuries
Canadian Occupational Safety magazine had an article about the cost of workplace electrical injuries.
The article tells the story of Paul Hebert. Mr. Herbert was "working for an electrical company in Fahler, Alta., in 1989, the experienced lineman received a massive shock while repairing a downed power line. The incident, which sent 14,000 volts of power through his body and threw him 20 feet, seriously burned his limbs. Doctors had to amputate his legs, right arm and several left finger."
Now living in Arizona, and earning a living as a motivational speaker talking about electrical safety, Mr. Herbert is still recovering from the effects of the accident.
Read the complete story here.
posted by Steve Hudgik | This Arc Flash Post and 0 Comments |