Arc Flash & Electrical Safety News

Blog Author Steve Hudgik

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Arc Flash Blast In U.K. Apartment

This Is Plymouth reported today that:

"A man is in hospital with 'serious' burns following a horror blast at a city flat. The 67-year-old was rescued from the smoking property by an heroic neighbour after an electricity cupboard exploded in front of him."

Read the article here.

There is additional information about the accident in the article, including photographs of the exterior of the building. Although it is not specifically identified as an arc flash, the characteristics are those of an arc flash.  The article does not describe the cause of the electrical blast, which is typical of general news publications.

Last week the U.K. Guardian reported on an electrical explosion in a New Malden, United Kingdom apartment. This explosion was caused by water, used by a cleaning crew, dripping into an electrical box.  Read the Guardian article here.

Labels:

posted by Steve Hudgik | This Arc Flash Post and 0 Comments |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



Call about the NFPA 7E labeling machines

NFPA 70E Blog  |  Arc Flash Labels  |  Arc Flash Label Printers
DuraLabel Supplies  |  Arc Flash Quiz


FAST shipping of Arc Flash Label Printers & Supplies.
Most orders ship the SAME DAY we receive your order.