Arc Flash & Electrical Safety News

Blog Author Steve Hudgik

Monday, July 30, 2012

Arc Flash News

Contractor suffers serious burns while working at Norwalk, Conn. gym

"An electrical contractor suffered serious burn injuries to a large percentage of his body while working on the main electrical feed to a Connecticut Avenue gym last Wednesday morning.  The victim, whose name was not released, was taken to the burn unit at Bridgeport Hospital with burns to about 40 percent of his body, Norwalk Deputy Fire Chief Ed Prescott said."

Read the story in The Hour.


Underground explosion impacts traffic

Insulation around an 8,000-volt line failed, causing it to ground and resulting in an underground wire exploding.

The story in the Intelligencer.CA reported that, "Wayne Comerford, who owns the Injections tattoo parlour that was nearest the underground explosion, said he heard a, 'big bang or boom, it shook the doors and windows. You could smell the electrical fire right away and a lot of sparks and smoke.'"

Labels:

posted by Steve Hudgik | This Arc Flash Post and 0 Comments |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



Call about the NFPA 7E labeling machines

NFPA 70E Blog  |  Arc Flash Labels  |  Arc Flash Label Printers
DuraLabel Supplies  |  Arc Flash Quiz


FAST shipping of Arc Flash Label Printers & Supplies.
Most orders ship the SAME DAY we receive your order.