Arc Flash & Electrical Safety News
Blog Author Steve Hudgik
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Top 10 Arc Flash Program MistakesI found this list on the Martin Technical web site. Use this link (click here) to read explanations of each of the ten points.
1. Not implementing an arc flash safety program because of the cost. Or waiting for an arc flash accident to happen before implementing an arc flash safety program.
2. Purchasing flame-resistant (FR) clothing without having the information needed to determine the types of arc flash PPE needs to be used.
3. Purchasing insulated tools that are too bulky for the tasks your employees perform.
4. Failing to update the arc flash labels after changes to the electrical system.
5. Not conducting arc flash and electrical safety training
6. Not conducting the short circuit and protective device coordination study
7. Not mitigating arc flash hazards to a lower hazard level.
8. Forgetting about shock hazards.
9. Not implementing a preventive maintenance program that supports equipment safety.
10. Implementing policies you are not willing to enforce.
Related Past Posts:
OSHA eTool Informs Workers Of Employer Obligations
Electrical Safety In Construction
posted by Steve Hudgik | This Arc Flash Post and 0 Comments |