Arc Flash & Electrical Safety News

Blog Author Steve Hudgik

Friday, December 16, 2011

Arc Flash Injures Electrical Worker At Florida Resort

An electrical worker employed by a subcontractor for Florida Power & Light was injured by a arc flash explosion yesterday.  The worker was installing a digital meters at the Naples Bay Resort. He suffered severe first- and second-degree burns to his upper body.  The Naples News reports:

"'The guests reported hearing an extremely loud bang, followed by a fireball,'" Naples Fire Chief Steve McInerny said.

The fire burned the victim’s face and his right arm, shoulder and chest. Some of the burns might be third-degree.  The electrician was wearing a face shield, eye protection and a fire-resistant shirt at the time."

Read the complete story here.

Labels:

posted by Steve Hudgik | This Arc Flash Post and 1 Comments |

1 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Anonymous pimalai said...

I hope the worker has recovered from his injuries. It's incidents like these that make me wonder if people like this are being paid enough.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



Call about the NFPA 7E labeling machines

NFPA 70E Blog  |  Arc Flash Labels  |  Arc Flash Label Printers
DuraLabel Supplies  |  Arc Flash Quiz


FAST shipping of Arc Flash Label Printers & Supplies.
Most orders ship the SAME DAY we receive your order.