Arc Flash & Electrical Safety News

Blog Author Steve Hudgik

Monday, October 10, 2011

Electrical Inspector Dies After Fire And Explosion At Home

The Chicago Sun-Times reports that a Des Plaines city employee died in an explosion and fire in his backyard. David Mugerditchian, aged 60, was an electrical inspector for the city of Des Plaines.  He suffered burns to 96 percent of his body as a result of the fire.

The article reports that a colleague, Butch Ehrke, who is a building inspector, said that "Mugerditchian would take the time to explain things to homeowners and building owners as far as what remedies would be more economical or more efficient laborwise. 'He would explain things to people, like, Here’s a way you can hook up the generator and not have to worry about certain things. That’s the kind of guy he was.'"

Read more here.

posted by Steve Hudgik | This Arc Flash Post and 1 Comments |

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Olivia said...

Such a great article which The article reports that a colleague, Butch Ehrke, who is a building inspector, said that Mugerditchian would take the time to explain things to homeowners and building owners as far as what remedies would be more economical or more efficient laborwise. He suffered burns to 96 percent of his body as a result of the fire. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



Call about the NFPA 7E labeling machines

NFPA 70E Blog  |  Arc Flash Labels  |  Arc Flash Label Printers
DuraLabel Supplies  |  Arc Flash Quiz


FAST shipping of Arc Flash Label Printers & Supplies.
Most orders ship the SAME DAY we receive your order.