Arc Flash & Electrical Safety News
Blog Author Steve Hudgik
Friday, November 09, 2007
House Moving Company FinedThe Medford Oregon Mail Tribune reported yesterday that: "The owner of a house moving company has been fined $18,000 for safety violations after an employee suffered life-threatening injuries from high-voltage power lines."
On June 6th Ken Olmstead was riding on the roof of a house that was being moved. His job was to lift up energized power lines so the house could pass under them. While lifting an uninsulated power line the D-ring on the back of his harness contacted the power line and created an "arc flash".
Read the complete story at: http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071108/NEWS/711080327
Labels: Electrical Injuries
posted by Steve Hudgik | This Arc Flash Post and 1 Comments |