Arc Flash & Electrical Safety News
Blog Author Steve Hudgik
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Rochester Public Utilities Worker Burned in Arc Flash AccidentThe Rochester, Minnesota Post-Bulletin reported yesterday that a lineman for Rochester Public Utilities was burned by an arc flash. The newspaper reported that:
"The man, one of about 20 line workers for the utility, was injured at a transformer while extending power to a construction site in the 500 block of Third Avenue Southeast, just south of the downtown area, Benson said. The injured worker's name is not yet being released by RPU officials."
"Benson said the lineman suffered 'arc flash burns,' and was burned on his arms, stomach and face."
The lineman was wearing PPE including a flame retardant shirt, gloves, safety vest, glasses and a hard hat.
Read the complete article.
posted by Steve Hudgik | This Arc Flash Post and 1 Comments |