Arc Flash & Electrical Safety News

Blog Author Steve Hudgik

Monday, December 18, 2006

Loose Tool Falls, Causes Arc Flash Injury

A report put out by SHARP* describes an arc flash injury that was caused by a falling tool. A small tool fell into an energized breaker panel coming into contact with energized wires.

The report also includes six recommendations for preventing accidents such as this.

Another report put out by SHARP describes how two electricians were injured by an arc flash when a ground wire touched an energized circuit. One electrician sustained second and third degree burns covering nearly 50% of his body. He required surgery for removal of destroyed skin and restorative skin grafts. He needed physical therapy for nearly a year.

*SHARP is the Safety and Health Assessment ans Research for Prevention (SHARP) program at the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries.

Labels:

posted by Steve Hudgik | This Arc Flash Post and 1 Comments |

1 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Mister Sparky the Rogers Electrician said...

Wow, that second report sounds AWFUL!!! Burned 50% of his body? I'm an electrician but fortunately I've never had anything like that happen to me. It's not just that he was burned, but now he's more than likely never going to look the same. Very sad.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



Call about the NFPA 7E labeling machines

NFPA 70E Blog  |  Arc Flash Labels  |  Arc Flash Label Printers
DuraLabel Supplies  |  Arc Flash Quiz


FAST shipping of Arc Flash Label Printers & Supplies.
Most orders ship the SAME DAY we receive your order.